Mind's Eye Publications
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
MIND'S EYE PUBLICATIONS™ is a purveyor of Speculative Literature and Illustration across the several genres of the High Imagination: ADVENTURE, DETECTION & MYSTERY, FANTASY, HORROR & THE SUPERNATURAL, and SCIENCE FICTION.
Our current Call for Submissions is for JOURN-E: The Journal of Imaginative Literature , published semi-annually on the Vernal and Autumnal Equinoxes. JOURN-E will be published in both online and print versions. The pentapartite journal features short fiction, poetry, scholarly articles, reviews and art/illustration relevant to the genres of: Adventure, Detection & Mystery, Fantasy, Horror & the Supernatural, and Science Fiction. SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN FOR ISSUE vol. 1, no. 2 -- OPEN WINDOW FOR SUBMISSIONS IS FROM 20 MARCH 2022 THROUGH 1 MAY 2022.
IMPORTANT NOTES RE: JOURN-E, vol.1, no. 2:
*IMPORTANT: [BOTH Short Fiction AND Poetry for H&S ARE CLOSED / Illustration, and Non-Fiction (Article or Review) still OPEN]
*IMPORTANT: [Short Fiction for SCI-FI IS CLOSED / Poetry, Illustration, and Non-Fiction (Article or Review) still OPEN]
*IMPORTANT: [BOTH Short Fiction AND Poetry for FANTASY /ARE CLOSED/ Ilustration, and Non-Fiction (Article or Review still OPEN]
1) THE SUBMISSION WINDOW on ANY of the GENRES or TYPES OF SUBMISSION MAY BE CLOSED EARLIER (perhaps much earlier) than the May 1st cut-off for JOURN-E 1.2. This will occur in the event that any combination of Type [short fiction, poetry, non-fiction, or illustration] and Genre [Adventure, Detection & Mystery, Fantasy, Horror & the Supernatural, or Science Fiction] reaches 15 in number. IF SUCH AN EARLY CLOSURE SHOULD OCCUR, THE INFORMATION WILL BE POSTED IN THESE GENERAL GUIDELINES AND ON THE MIND'S EYE PUBLICATIONS SUBMISSIONS PAGE. AND ALSO ON THE MEP JOURN-E PAGE.
2) Be sure to follow ALL of the GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION as noted at on the SUBMISSIONS page at the Mind's Eye Publications™ web site— https://mindseye.us.com/SUBMISSIONS/
3) For JOURN-E , Submit no more than one (1) prose piece or no more than two (2) poems in any given cycle.
4) It is very important that you follow the formatting guidelines listed there AND IT IS ALSO ESSENTIAL THAT YOU PROVIDE CONTACT INFORMATION AT THE TOP OF YOUR SUBMISSION DOCUMENT OR IN A SEPARATE FILE AND THAT YOU PROVIDE A BIOGRAPHICAL BLURB (IN CASE OF ACCEPTANCE OF YOUR WORK) AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCROLL OF YOUR SUBMISSION.
5) If you have any questions about document formatting, you can't go wrong with the SHUNN Format Model. The only difference from Shunn we REQUIRE is the SINGLE SPACING OF POETRY. Preferred copy fonts are Times New Roman or Courier or Courier New.